Do you have an Identification Provider (IdP) you use for Single Sign-on (SSO)? In this walkthrough, we'll show you how you can use our SAML integration to connect to your IdP vendor. For this example we'll be using Google to help show us how simple it is to integrate with any SAML 2.0 IdP.
- First, navigate to your Google Admin Panel by going to https://admin.google.com/. You will need to sign in as an admin to access this page. Once you have logged in, select 'Apps'.
- Next, select "Web and mobile apps".
- Then select "Add app" and a dropdown menu will appear. In the list of options, select "Add custom SAML app".
- Now we'll set up the SAML app. Go ahead and fill out the "App name", "Description", and add an "App icon". Once you have done that, select "Continue".
- Next, select the "DOWNLOAD METADATA" button. This will download an XML metadata file you will keep on hand for now. Once you have downloaded this file, select "Continue".
- Now we'll add the ACS URL and Entity ID. Below you will find these URLs:
ACS URL: https://app.motivosity.com/sso/saml
Entity ID: https://motivosity.com
After you have entered these two values in, select "Continue".
- At this point, there is nothing more that needs to be done. Go ahead and select "Finish".
- Next, in the Admin console, go to Menu AppsWeb and mobile apps.
- Select your SAML app.
- Click User access.
To turn a service on or off for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
Configuring SAML Metadata
Remember the XML Metadata we downloaded earlier? We'll go ahead and use this article here to make sure that is used properly in Motivosity to configure the SAML integration.
Once you have finished these steps, your SAML app is now ready to go!
If for any reason you have any trouble or questions while setting up your SAML integration, please feel free to reach out to our amazing Support Team by submitting a ticket here.