Making the sign in experience for your employees seamless and easy to use is important for any application you use. At Motivosity, we want to make that a possibility and make the set up just as simple. This article will help walk you through how to set up a SAML integration within your Azure AD portal.
DISCLAIMER: If the integration is not behaving as expected after the initial setup, you'll want to double check the points below. These are three of the most common steps that we see integrated incorrectly.
- Production Metadata - do not use staging or sandbox metadata.
- Signed Metadata - all metadata and assertions should be signed at start and endpoints.
- This integration is meant to redirect to your login page - We don't pass any information to a backend system. We will redirect your users to your login page and you send back the signed assertion to us with the unique identifier of the person being authenticated (i.e. their email).
Please follow the steps below to configure your SAML integration in your Azure Active Directory Portal:
- To get started with the integration, go ahead and open/sign in to your Azure Admin Account. Begin by selecting "Enterprise Applications"
- Next, select "New application"
- On the next screen, select "Create your own application"
- You will then create your own application. Go ahead and name the app "Motivosity" and select "Create"
- After you create your application, select the second box under 'Getting Started', "Set up single sign on"
- Next, select the "SAML" box
- You will then start to configure the application. Go ahead and select the "Edit" button in the 'Basic SAML Configuration' step
- You will then fill out the following information and select "Save":
Identifier (Entity ID): https://motivosity.com
Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL): https://app.motivosity.com/sso/saml
- From here, you'll want to jump down to step three and download the XML Metadata file. We'll use this to configure the integration in Motivosity!
- Once you have the Metadata file saved, head on over to Motivosity as an admin and this article will help you finish off the integration in Motivosity.
- At this point, your SSO integration should be fully functional! You can now go back to your Azure application and assign users and groups so your users can use the integration to authenticate into the Motivosity platform.
If you have any questions or run into any trouble setting up this integration, please feel free to reach out to our amazing Support Team by submitting a ticket here.