How Does Cash Exempt work?
- Giving and spending balances on the home page
- Balances in the appreciation modal
- Thanks matters card access
- Marketplace access
- Ability to receive thanks with money attached
- Ability to receive spot bonuses
- Add a bucks
- Sweeteners for actions taken
- Money attached to milestones, awards, or other recognitions. (In the case of awards and achievements, badges can still be earned without funds attached)
When Would We Recommend Using It?
Would We Ever Not Recommend It?
There are a few situations in which an administrator would want to revoke the spending balance only. Examples include having administrative 'company' accounts (For example, here at Motivosity our mascot Carl the Yeti has an account) who is in charge of giving bonuses, awards, or other recognitions. The removal of giving functionality can be overridden. For example an admin could:
- Give a Cash Exempt user a giving balance with a special override on peer to peer
- Assign ownership of an award to a Cash Exempt user
- Create a spot bonus allocati for a Cash Exempt user
How To Mark an Individual as Cash Exempt
An admin can mark an Individual as Cash exempt by going to Setup > Team > and then clicking the Three Dots next to the person's name > Edit:
There, on the first page, you will be able to check this box to make that person Cash Exempt, then click Next to go to page 2, Next to go to the final page, and Save.
Notice how Andy now does NOT have any "To Give" or "To Spend" money showing.
How to Mark Multiple People as Cash Exempt:
If you would like to mark multiple people as Cash Exempt (again, we want to emphasize that this should ONLY be used for the very specific reasons explained above. Marking users as cash exempt will likely result in those users having a drop in engagement and having a much less positive experience from those who are not cash exempt.
To mark multiple people as Cash Exempt click on Setup > Team > Bulk User Upload
Next you will want to Download Current Template, this will download a spreadsheet with all current user information.
This will download a spreadsheet with all of the current user information. Notice there is a Cash Exempt column. By putting ANY TEXT in this column, the user will be Cash Exempt.
ANY TEXT AT ALL will make the user Cash Exempt. Please leave this blank for any user who should be allowed to have Cash. Even if you write the word "No" in this column, it will still make that user cash exempt. Don't do it.
Save that file, then come back to Setup > Team > Bulk User Upload > Select File > Full Upload > Process File. That should update your users to be cash exempt.