If the integration is not behaving as expected after the initial setup, you'll want to double-check the points below. These are three of the most common steps that we see integrated incorrectly.
1. Production Metadata - do not use staging or sandbox metadata.
3. This integration is meant to redirect to your login page - We don't pass any information to a backend system. We just redirect them to your login page and you send back the signed assertion to us with the unique identifier of the person being authenticated (i.e their email).
In Okta, the company's Okta administrator has to add Motivosity's application to the company's allowed application list. Follow the steps below:
1. Click on the 'Admin' button on the top right of Okta site to start the administration site.
2. Click on the 'Add Applications' on right side under 'shortcuts'.
3. Start typing 'Motivosity' in the search field. Then click on the Add button when you have found it.
4. After you have added Motivosity to your company's application list. Then click on the 'Next' button on the 'General Settings' page.
5. The next step is 'Assign to People'. Here you can search for the users and user groups you want to assign to use Motivosity. Probably all of your employees should be added here. But if you are not sure who should be assigned and who not to assign, don't worry you can assign them later. If you are ready click on the 'Next' button and then the 'Done' button.
6. Now you are on the Motivosity settings page. First click on the 'Sign on' menu and the 'View Setup Instructions' button. Here you will see a short guide about Motivosity setup.
7. The most important step here is to copy the XML document. You can find this under the second section. Paste it into the SAML metadata area of Motivosity in Setup->Add-ons. Also, you will want to configure a custom domain in Motivosity. The custom domain is what allows Motivosity to send the right auto-login information.
8. Click on 'Setup' at the top of the page. Once here click on the 'Preferences' tab.
Now add your company domain.
Last thing to do is to enter in your companies SAML Metadata.